- enter the country by boat through
the Mekong Delta from Vietnam;
- learn more about the civil war and
the terrible things the Red Khmer did at the
Killing Fields and the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. It was
horrible to see... But
has changed, we still have
wars and genocide today!
- visit Angkor Wat and its surrounding temples;
- enjoy the very friendly people of this country, especially
the children on
beach (trying to sell their fruit);
- stay at the friendly Orchidee Guesthouse in Sihanoukville,
they can arrange diving
trips too (www.orchidee-guesthouse.com);
- take your time and visit more than just the famous highlights.
part is still unknown. We only had a bit more than 2 weeks
so didn't go there.
visit Angkor Wat for one day, it is just too short;
- go in May when humidity is not your thing, it is extremely
- take a leak offroad: be careful of the many mines, which
are still present.